Draft Skatepark Club Constitution
- The Club shall be called Felixstowe Skatepark Association (FSA), hereafter to be referred to as “the Club” and shall be affiliated to the [County/Regional/National] Governing Bodies.
- To foster and promote the sports of Skateboarding, Inline skating and BMX at all levels, providing opportunities for recreation and competition.
- Membership of the Club shall be open to any person completing a membership application form and paying the relevant subscription/joining fee as determined by the Annual General Meeting of the Club Members.
- There shall be two classes of membership available. These are:-
- Senior Member [ Age 17 years and over]
- Junior Member [ Age 16 years and under]
- The Officers of the Club shall be as follows:
President Non-Executive Officer – usually an Honorary position
Secretary ) Executive Officers
- The Officers of the Club shall be as follows:
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- All Officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Club, from, and by, the Members of the Club.
- All Officers are elected for a period of one year, but may be re-elected to the same office or another office the following year.
- GENERAL COMMITTEE
- The affairs of the Club shall be controlled by a General Committee comprising of the Executive Officers of the Club and 6 other Members elected from, and by, the Full Members of the Club. These must consist of 2 Inline skaters, 2 skateboarders and 2 BMX representatives. The General Committee shall meet at agreed intervals and not less than four times per year.
- The duties of the General Committee shall be:
- To control the affairs of the Club on behalf of the Members.
- To keep accurate accounts of the finances of the club through the Treasurer. These should be available for reasonable inspection by Members and should be audited before every Annual General Meeting. The Club shall maintain a bank current account and the following Officers shall be authorised to sign Club cheques: two from the Chairperson; Treasurer and Secretary.
- To co-opt additional members of the Committee as the Committee feels necessary. Co-opted members shall not be entitled to a vote on the Committee.
- To make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote. In the case of equal votes, the Chairperson shall be entitled to an additional casting vote.
- GENERAL MEETINGS
- The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held not later than the end of September each year. 21 clear days written notice shall be given to Members of the Annual General Meeting by circulating a copy of the notice to every member at their home address and posting the notice on the Club notice board. It is preferable that Members advise the Secretary in writing of any business to be moved at the Annual General Meeting at least 14 days before a meeting. The Secretary shall circulate or give notice of the agenda for the meeting to Members not less than 7 days before the meeting.
- The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be to:
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and any General Meetings held since the last Annual General Meeting.
- Receive the audited accounts for the year from the Treasurer.
- Receive the annual report of the Committee from the Secretary/Chairperson.
- Elect an auditor.
- Elect the Officers of the Club (ie: President, Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and other General Committee Members).
- Review Club subscription rates and agree them for the forthcoming year.
- Transact such other business received in writing by the Secretary from Members 14 days prior to the meeting and included on the Agenda.
NOTE: The agenda will provide for “Any Other Business”, but Members should be encouraged to refer other items to the General Committee and give the required notice for important Annual General Meeting business.
- Special General Meetings may be convened by the General Committee or on receipt by the Secretary of a request in writing from not less than a third of Full Members of the Club. At least 21 days notice of the meeting shall be given.
- It is preferable that the nomination of candidates for election of Officers shall be made in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days in advance of the Annual General Meeting date. Nominations can only be made by Full Members and must be seconded by another Full Member.
- At all General Meetings, the chair will be taken by the Chairperson or, in their absence, by a deputy appointed by the Club or by Full Members attending the meeting.
- Decisions made at a General Meeting shall be by a simple majority of votes from those Full Members attending the meeting. In the event of equal votes, the Chairperson shall be entitled to an additional casting vote.
- A quorum for a General Meeting shall be 10% of Full Members or 12 persons and 2 Officers of the Club including 1 from the Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Each Full Member of the Club shall be entitled to one vote at General Meetings.
- ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
- Any proposed alterations to the Club Constitution may only be considered at an Annual or Special General Meeting, convened with the required written notice of the proposal. Any alteration or amendment must be proposed by a Full Member of the Club and seconded by another Full Member. Such alterations shall be passed if supported by not less than two-thirds of those Full Members present at the meeting, assuming that a quorum has been achieved.
- If at any General Meeting of the Club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the club, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the Club to be held not less than one month thereafter to discuss and vote on the resolution.
- If, at that Special General Meeting, the resolution is carried by at least two-thirds of the Full Members present at the meeting, the General Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the Club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the Club.
- After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Club, the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed amongst the Full Members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred after a period of 6 months to some other voluntary organisation having objects similar to those of the Club.